The hazelnuts can be replaced with chopped almonds or walnuts and multi-coloured glace cherries and mixed peel instead of cranberries. We prefer the cranberries and hazelnuts. Freezes well and is nice to have available over the holiday season.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and make a hole in the centre.
- Stir in the orange juice, butter, water and egg.
- Beat together until all the flour is incorporated.
- Stir in the cranberries and nuts.
- Grease and line a 9 x 5 loaf tin.
- Spoon in the mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees for 1 hour until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from tin, peel off the paper and dust with icing sugar.
- Slice and serve warm or cold with butter or cream cheese.