1/3 Photos of Spiced Nut Cake
1 hr 15 mins
The hazelnuts can be replaced with chopped almonds or walnuts and multi-coloured glace cherries and mixed peel instead of cranberries. We prefer the cranberries and hazelnuts. Freezes well and is nice to have available over the holiday season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together the dry ingredients and make a hole in the centre.
- 2Stir in the orange juice, butter, water and egg.
- 3Beat together until all the flour is incorporated.
- 4Stir in the cranberries and nuts.
- 5Grease and line a 9 x 5 loaf tin.
- 6Spoon in the mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees for 1 hour until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 7Remove from tin, peel off the paper and dust with icing sugar.
- 8Slice and serve warm or cold with butter or cream cheese.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Nut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (732 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2104.4
- Calories from Fat 635
- Total Fat 70.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 272.5 mg
- Sodium 757.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 350.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 239.3 g
- Protein 30.6 g