Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty, spicy, oh so good! (It also happens to be lowcarb if you use the rinds) ;) This is based on Laurie Colwin's recipe, which I received at Gail's Recipe Swap.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken pieces
- 4 tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup crushed spicy pork rinds or 1⁄3 cup butter flavored cracker (for a high-carb version)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- Combine mustard, one tablespoon of melted butter, garlic, thyme, sage, pepper, cinnamon, and paprika.
- Gradually add additional melted butter and mix well.
- Mix together the crushed pork rinds (or crushed butter crackers), parmesan, and soy flour and place in a shallow dish.
- Coat chicken with mustard mixture.
- Roll in rind mixture.
- Dot with butter and bake covered at 350`F.
- for about 45 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Experiment with the amounts on this recipe - it's very versatile!
- You can, of course, use chicken breasts instead.