Recipe by evelyn/athens
This dish is particularly good served with some great bread to sop up all the juices. The spicy sauce complements the sweetness of the mussels. From the LCBO magazine.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 lbs mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in large pot on medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, curry powder and fennel seeds. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add wine and bring to boil.
- Stir in mussels, cover pan and cook until mussels open, shaking pan occasionally.
- Remove mussels and reduce liquid by half.
- Stir in cream and cook together for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add parsley and season.
- Return mussels, stir everything together and serve.