Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish is particularly good served with some great bread to sop up all the juices. The spicy sauce complements the sweetness of the mussels. From the LCBO magazine.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 lbs mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat butter in large pot on medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, curry powder and fennel seeds. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add wine and bring to boil.
- Stir in mussels, cover pan and cook until mussels open, shaking pan occasionally.
- Remove mussels and reduce liquid by half.
- Stir in cream and cook together for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add parsley and season.
- Return mussels, stir everything together and serve.
This recipe is delicious!!! The spices were perfect together. And you must have some bread for the wonderful sauce. I will make this again for sure!!
oh I can't wait to try these. They are going into my try in soon file. Thanks for posting.