- 500 g button mushrooms, whole or sliced
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place mushrooms in a large ceramic bowl.
- Combine 1/3 cup oil and spices in and pour over mushrooms.
- Toss well to coat.
- Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot.
- Add remaining oil and mushrooms and stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden and just tender.
- Sprinkle over the chopped peanuts, and serve with cocktail sticks with drinks, or, over steamed rice garnished with yoghurt and chopped cilantro for a light meal.