Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Dairy free, Low carbohydrate, Low fat, Low GI, Low sugar. These are great wrapped up in tortillas or chapatis with sour cream. From the food coach.
Top Review by Outta Here
These were easy and tasted okay, but we thought they were missing something. Perhaps a little chili powder or something with some heat. I used baby portabellos. I served them as side, but perhaps with sour cream in a wrap would be better. I may try them again and experiment with the spices.
- 500 g button mushrooms, whole
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place mushrooms into a large ceramic, glass or plastic bowl.
- Combine two thirds of oil, cardamom, pepper, nutmeg, cumin, coriander and turmeric in a small jug.
- Pour mixture over mushrooms and toss well to coat mushrooms in mixture.
- Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot.
- Add remaining oil and mushrooms and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden and just tender.
- Serve hot.