- 1 1⁄3 lbs lean ground beef (20% fat)
- 1 large onion, minced (about 2/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 9 ingredients in medium bowl to blend well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- For each patty, shape 1/4 cup mixture into 3/4-inch-thick round. Heat heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties to skillet and cook to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- To serve, prepare couscous according to package directions, mound in center of platter and surround with the beef patties.