- 1 lb carrot
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and quarter carrots and place in saucepan with just enough water to cover them.
- Bring to a boil and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Drain, return to the pan and add oil, garlic, cayenne, cumin and paprika.
- Cook until carrots are tender.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Chill and then garnish with parsley.
- Serve cold.