Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "The Complete Carrot" cookbook. Cook time is an estimate.
- 1 lb carrot
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Peel and quarter carrots and place in saucepan with just enough water to cover them.
- Bring to a boil and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Drain, return to the pan and add oil, garlic, cayenne, cumin and paprika.
- Cook until carrots are tender.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Chill and then garnish with parsley.
- Serve cold.
reading the recipe I would add a pinch of cinnamon as well. It would bring the more normal flavors of cayenne and cumin together in the warm flavors of morrocco
These have a pleasant flavor. After keeping in the refrigerator all night they taste like carrots with garlic(which is a good flavor but not what I was expecting. I was expecting something more exotic. Also it was very hard to get the carrots done(fork tender). My DD and I were making these. We followed the directions exactly until the carrots with all the added spices are supposed to get tender. They were very hard. I think on step 2 the pan should have been covered and maybe they would have had a better chance to getting done. So at step 4 I added a little water and brought to another boil and put the lid on and simmered for 3-4 minutes and finally they were getting softer.WE then continued with the directions. I think the cook times and cooking directions just need a little work. made for Newest Tag 2007