Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a Galveston-area church cookbook, a lovely coffee drink!
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons dark roast coffee or 3 tablespoons espresso
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- sweetened whipped cream, for topping
- In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips, half & half, water and milk. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, whisking constantly, until chocolate melts.
- Whisk in coffee, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Serve immediately, topped with whipped cream.
Decadent! Rich and tasty but so easy! I don't like whipped cream on my coffee so I topped mine with steamed milk froth. Thanks for this keeper!
I really enjoyed this tasty treat Loof. I used a nice dark roast. I made this exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. Loved the addition of the vanilla extract in this. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely drink, which I will make always, being the coffee drinker that I am. Kudos my friend.
This was great I just bought a nice dark roast that was pretty inexpensive from wholefooods. I never tried to make fancy coffee at home before this was easy and gave it a little flavor flare. Thanks. Made for ZWT 6 for Looney Spoon Phoodies.