Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pork and fruit together always taste good to me.
- 1 kg boneless pork loin
- 1 chicken, in individual pieces
- 5 ancho chilies
- 5 mulato chilies
- hot water, enough to cover chiles and soak them in
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 50 g shelled pine nuts
- 1 banana
- 1 cooked zucchini
- 4 peeled pears, diced
- 2 peeled potatoes, diced
- 2 peeled and diced apples
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 whole peppercorns
- 1 whole clove
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Cook pork loin in salted water.
- Cook chicken also in salted water.
- When both meats are done, let cool and chop into bite size pieces.
- Grill toast the chiles,devein them and soak them in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Process chiles with the garlic, peppercorns, clove, cinnamon, pinenuts, and tomato, adding some chiel soaking liquid to make it smoother.
- Pass this sauce through a sieve , and fry it in hot oil.
- Season with salt and add the potatoes and after a while the pears and apples.
- Let simmer for a few minutes until fruits and potatoes are cooked.
- Add the meats and and let simmer a while longer.
- Serve on the side with sliced zucchini and bananas.