Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Self magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped, plus
- 8 sprigs of fresh mint, for garnish
- 2 limes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 3 cups cubed cantaloupe, pureed with
- 1⁄2 cup sparkling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark rum
- 2 cups ice cubes
- In a large plastic pitcher with a lid, muddle (smash together with a muddler or wooden spoon) mint, limes and sugar.
- Stir in cantaloupe puree and 1/4 cup water.
- Add rum and ice cubes; cover and shake.
- Pour through a strainger into 8 chilled glasses and garnish each with a mint sprig.
Good mojito. I didn't find it sweet enough and I thought there was a bit too much alcohol. That being said, in my glass I muddled a little simple syrup with some additional mint, threw in some crushed ice and then poured the drink over the top which made it much better for my tastebuds. Thanks for posting!
This was absolutely delicious. I used a really ripe melon - you know, the kind you can smell as soon as you walk into the house - so I added no extra sugar. The mint is sensational with the melon.
You gotta love Mojitos! This one gets a nice touch from the melon. I reduced it to a single serving and sipped on it while surfing Zaar! Thanks Redsie!