Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are sooo good, you won't miss the salt at all!! Good buffet or appitizer dish. from The lighthearted cookbook by Anne Lindsay
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground lamb or 1⁄2 lb beef
- 1⁄3 cup minced water chestnut
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- fresh ground pepper
- Soak raisins in hot water for 15 minutes,drain and chop.
- In bowl, combine raisins, lamb, water chestnuts, onions, garlic, allspice, cinnamon and pepper to taste, mix well.
- Shape into 25 bite size balls.
- Arrange in a single layer in ungreased baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Coriander dippin sauce, (recipe in'zaar) on toothpicks.