Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These delicious moist little meatballs, delicately flavoured with spices from the middle east, taste brilliant topped with natural yogurt and red onion. Serve them rolled up in soft, warm flat breads.
- 500 g ground lamb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 4 small middle eastern flat bread
- 1 red onion, thibly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 1⁄2 lettuce
- Place the lamb, salt, onion, cumin, allspice, cayenne and coriander in a food processor and whizz until well blended. Using wet hands, shaoe the mixture into 20 meatballs and cook over hot coals for 10 minutes, turning frequently until well browned.
- Warm the flat breads in a frying pan for 1-2 minutes on each side until softened and warmed through.
- Scatter lettuce leaves and red onion over the flat breads. Arrange the meatballs on top and drizzle with a little yogurt. Serve with the lemon wedges.