Recipe by GaylaJ
We loved this flavorful summer recipe from the latest issue of Cooking Light. It can be prepared up to two days in advance--the tomatoes will take on more flavor the longer they marinate. I used grape tomatoes, rather than cherry, and substituted white wine vinegar for the white balsamic. If you prefer a milder heat, you will want to seed the pepper.
Top Review by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
I harvested the last of my tomatoes earlier this week and prepared this recipe exactly as written. I served the tomatoes as one of the sides to a grilled steak. The recipe is a keeper!
- 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced green onion (about 4)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper