Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
this recipe came from one of my family cook books.from my cousin sandy.i havent tried them yet,but they sound good.
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- place rack in center of oven.
- spread pecans in a large roasting pan.
- bake until lightly toasted,about 8 minutes.
- combine the corn and maple syrups.
- pour over the nuts.
- toss to coat well.
- bake stiring occasionally,untillthe nuts have absorbed most of the syrup.
- (about 10 minutes) mix the sugar,cumin,paprika,chili powder,salt and cayenne.
- pour over the nuts in a bowl.
- toss gradually,adding the sugar mixture untillthe nuts are coated with the sugar.
- cool slightly and break apart any nuts that stick together.
- pour onto a baking sheet and cool completly.
- store in a air tight container.
- can be kept at room temp for up to 1 week.
Love these pecans. I keep a tin of them around all the time to add to salads (along with shaved parmesan cheese and dried cranberries...) or to serve as a nibble for impromptu guests. Great recipe. They last in an air tight container for months!
These are FABULOUS! I made them for Christmas and have two batches in the oven for New Year's Eve. They are VERY easy to make. I do have a few suggestions. If you purchase your pecans in a 1 lb. bag, it works better to use 1/3 c. each of the corn syrup and pure maple syrup. Either way, after step 9, alternate pouring some of the nuts into a bowl with sprinkling in some of the sugar mixture. It covers the nuts much better to sprinkle them as you pour the nuts in. They are JUST FABULOUS! Thank you for the recipe!