Recipe by smokey_cook
this recipe came from one of my family cook books.from my cousin sandy.i havent tried them yet,but they sound good.
Top Review by ahdesilva
Love these pecans. I keep a tin of them around all the time to add to salads (along with shaved parmesan cheese and dried cranberries...) or to serve as a nibble for impromptu guests. Great recipe. They last in an air tight container for months!
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- place rack in center of oven.
- spread pecans in a large roasting pan.
- bake until lightly toasted,about 8 minutes.
- combine the corn and maple syrups.
- pour over the nuts.
- toss to coat well.
- bake stiring occasionally,untillthe nuts have absorbed most of the syrup.
- (about 10 minutes) mix the sugar,cumin,paprika,chili powder,salt and cayenne.
- pour over the nuts in a bowl.
- toss gradually,adding the sugar mixture untillthe nuts are coated with the sugar.
- cool slightly and break apart any nuts that stick together.
- pour onto a baking sheet and cool completly.
- store in a air tight container.
- can be kept at room temp for up to 1 week.