Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great holiday dessert
- 6 pears, peeled with stalks in place
- 6 cloves
- 8 cardamom seeds, cracked
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup sweet white wine
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Push a clove inside each pear and lay on their sides in an oven-proof dish.
- Add Cinnamon sticks to dish.
- Scatter cardamom seeds on top of pears.
- Gently heat white wine, maple syrup and sugar until dissolved and pour over pears. Make sure that the pears are half covered.
- Cover dish with foil and poach for approximately 1 hour or until tender, basting occasionally. Remove cloves, cardamom seeds and cinnamon before serving.