Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tried this method of steam cooking in my NCS and they turned out great, only makes 6 at a time but they come out so moist and cook in a short time. I did add 1/4 cup of bacon to mine as the kids love bacon and it made a nice twist. I froze them wrapped individually and now the kids have them whenever they want for a quick breakfast.
- cooking spray
- 6 1⁄2 ounces cornbread muffins, mix
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- Spray 6 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Stir muffin mix, egg whites, milk, syrup and cinnamon in bowl.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan cups.
- Pour water into pot.
- Place roasting rack into pot.
- Place pan onto rack.
- Set OVEN to 400 for 15 minutes.
- Cover and bake until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.