Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect holiday dessert
- 1 (14 ounce) canof sliced mango in syrup, drained and syrup reserved, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can pears in light syrup, drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup pistachios, chopped
- Combine first 4 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Combine reserved mango syrup and lime juice in an ungreased 9 inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Arrange pear halves, cut-side up, on top of syrup mixture.
- Spoon mango mixture into centre of pear halves.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and pistachios over mango mixture.
- Bake in 375ºF oven for about 15 minutes until heated through and pistachios are toasted.