Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Malt vinegar infused with ginger, cinnamon, allspice, peppercorns, mustard seeds, and cloves. This will need to sit for 2 weeks before using. Finished product can be stored for up to 6 months in a cool, dark place.
- 2 cups malt vinegar
- 1 cm fresh ginger, cut into four pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons allspice berries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 10 whole cloves
- Place the malt vinegar and all the spices in a pan. Warm over low heat.
- Pour into a warm, sterilised, 2-cup wide-necked jar. Seal with a non-metallic lid.
- Allow it to stand in a warm place for 2 weeks.
- Put some peppercorns into a sterilized 2-cup bottle. Strain and pour the vinegar into the bottle.
- Seal and store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.