Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, plus more
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Sift flour with salt, baking powder, ginger and nutmeg.
- Stir into oatmeal and set aside.
- Cream shortening with sugar on medium speed, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop from teaspoon onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Top each with 1 raisin, if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.