Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
From foodfit.com. I was looking for a lower fat version of pumpkin bread and came across this one. My children love it, and I prefer giving it to them for an after school snack rather than junk food.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Remove the butter and the eggs from the refrigerator to allow them to come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat two 9" loaf pans with nonstick spray.
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl and beat at high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is pale yellow and very fluffy.
- On low speed, add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the pumpkin puree and ginger and mix again.
- Sift the flour, baking soday, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice together.
- Fold in half of the flour mixture. Stir in the buttermilk. Fold in the rest of the flour mixture. The batter should be smooth. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake until the loaves are golden brown and set in the center, about 45-55 minutes.
mmmmmm..... i made this last night, and it is soooo good. It had the perfect texture and flavor. I over baked the first one a little, and it was still moist on the inside. I added vanilla to the recipe and I think that gave it more flavor. But super good, I highly recommend it.
This bread is amazing! I made it one night after dinner and my whole family gobbled up one loaf in minutes (goes great with a glass of milk!). We ate the second loaf for breakfast the next day : )
I found this recipe and WOW. My whole family loved it. It doesn't even taste "low-fat". I mad it for some friends and they wanted the recipe too!! Thanks!!