Recipe by Susiecat too
This is an unusual combination, but suspend your doubts long enough to try it. Serve at room temperature for best flavor.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
This sounds like such an odd combination, but it works. Delicious! I followed the recipe exactly. While the lentils were simmering, I prepared the rest of the ingredients. Once the lentils had cooled off I added them to the fruit mixture and sprinkled on a pinch of salt and a couple of dashes of cayenne.
- 1⁄2 ripe cantaloupe, diced into very small chunks
- 1⁄2 cup lentils
- 1⁄4 cup minced red pepper
- 1 scallion, minced (including green part)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon good-quality olive oil
- salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse lentils well. Cook over medium heat, with enough water to cover by at least an inch, until boiling. Then reduce heat to a simmer, and continue to cook until lentils are tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Drain lentils and let cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl, mix very gently to combine.
- Serve at room temperature.