Recipe by LynneBethany
This is just a great lentil soup- perfect for a chilly day. Use it as written, or switch it up. You can't go too far wrong.
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 whole uncooked chicken breast
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage, onion and garlic in a skillet.
- Transfer to a slow cooker or large stock pot. Add the chicken stock, lentils, chicken.
- Simmer until the lentils are tender.
- Remove chicken breast, discarding bone and cartilage. Shred meat and return to soup.
- Add salsa and heat through.