Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 236.59 ml lentils, rinsed
- 793.78 g can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 4.92 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 44.37 ml curry powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 946.36 ml vegetable broth
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours until lentils are tender.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
I love the method of just chopping everything up and dumping the ingredients in a crockpot to simmer all day; and viola, lunch for tomorrow! I used the 8 hour method on low. My house had a lovely aroma from the simmering soup that was comforting on a cold day. My only recommendation would be to use a mild curry, such as Madras. I used hot, as I admittedly was trying to use some up, and it came out a little hotter than I would have preferred. However, I love curry so it is ok. Thanks for posting. Made for Sun and Spice 2013.
This is one of my favorite recipes. I make it at least once a week.