- 4 ounces red lentils
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, peeled and freshly grated
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lentils in a pan with twice their volume of water and cook, covered, until they are tender and have absorbed all the water.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion until soft but not coloured.
- Stir in the garlic, ground coriander, paprika and ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Beat this mixture into the lentils with the lemon zest and juice and season well.
- When cool, stir in the fresh coriander and serve.