1/3 Photos of Spiced Lentil and Roasted Vegetable Soup
24 hrs 20 mins
This is a really thick comforting lentil and tomato soup with a bit of added interest. Great way to use up the veg left in the fridge at the end of the week. The tomatoes can be soft and not the freshest but need to be tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large tomatoes
- 4 medium onions
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Cut tomatoes in half, peel and halve onions, halve peppers and deseed and take off stalk.
- 2Place above into roasting tray and place slices of garlic onto each piece of vegetable, sprinkle with olive and salt.
- 3Roast in medium oven for 30 - 40 mins until vegetables are slightly browned and tomatoes are very soft.
- 4Meanwhile sweat diced onion and celery in butter in a heavy pan for 5 minutes.
- 5Add nigella seeds, chilli pepper and cardamon, stir well and add chicken stock, then add lentils.
- 6Bring to a boil and then simmer, covered.
- 7When roasted vegetables are ready add contents of the roasting pan with juices to the soup pan and stir well.
- 8Simmer for 20 mins then season to taste with fresh black pepper and salt.
- 9Blend with a stick blender or in a processor, soup should retain a rough consistency but not big lumps.Add more water if necessary and reheat.
- 10Serve with a drizzle of good olive oil on top.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Lentil and Roasted Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.4
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 147.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: