Recipe by 4-H Mom
Great on a hot summer day! I just came across this recipe in an old cookbook.
Top Review by Pneuma
At first glance the ingredients reminded me of the Recipe #189910 without the bay leaf and oranges. This had a nice subtle aroma while boiling and it's so refreshing that I had this the whole day but used sugar substitute which I would add to my glass. Keeper! Thanks, 4-H Mom! Made for PAC.
- 1419.54 ml water, divided
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 large lime, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 177.44 ml fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water, sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, discard cinnamon and cloves.
- Pour into a large pitcher.
- Stir in lime, lemon, lemon juice and remaining water.
- chill at least 1 hour before serving.