Recipe by Lennie
Suggested in a 1959 cookbook as the perfect hot beverage to serve when trimming the Christmas tree.
- 4 -7 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) canquick frozen concentrated lemonade
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix spices, cranberry juice, and water in saucepan; bring to a rolling boil.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand about 3 minutes.
- Strain and discard spices.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add lemonade; mix well.
- Reheat, and serve hot.
- Garnish each serving with half an orange slice and a sprig of mint or a green cherry.