Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty Morroccan-influenced dish
- 236.59 ml couscous
- 295.73 ml boiling chicken stock
- 29.58 ml oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 14.79 ml thyme leaves
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 500 g lamb fillets
- For couscous----------------.
- Place couscous and boiling stock in a bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add onion and thyme, and cook until onion is well browned.
- For lamb----------------------.
- Combine cumin, chilli and paprika, and toss with the lamb fillets, to coat.
- Heat another pan and cook lamb to own prference.
- Place couscous in pan with onion, and toss.
- Slice the lamb and serve on top of the couscous.
I gave this a 4 for the inspiration! It missed being a 5 because I altered the cous cous slightly, by adding lemon zest, raisins and spring onions.