Recipe by Sara 76
This is Day 1: Dinner from the 21 Day Wonder Diet. The first time Imade this, I was unable to buy lamb cutlets, so I used 300g diced chicken breast instead. Als i was unable to buy fresh coriander, and had to use dried. The sauce is divine in this recipe, gives the food almost a Thai flavour. :yum:
Top Review by Chef Africa
Wonderful curry flavour in the sauce. Will have to try again with the chicken. I am not a fan of lamb. The pumpkin was the best part of the meal for me. Kids enjoyed it so will definately make again.
- 200 g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 125 g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen baby peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 4 french-trimmed lamb cutlets
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Roast pumpkin in small, shallow baking dish, uncovered, 10 minutes. add chickpeas and peas; cook uncovered, about 5 minutes or until pumpkn is tender. Remove from oven; sprinkle with coriander.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle lamb with curry powder. Spray lamb with cooking oil. Cook lamb in heated medium frying an; remove from pan.
- Add coconut milk, stock and garlic to same pan, bring to the boil, stirring; remove from heat.
- Serve pumpkin mixture and lamb drizzled with coconut sauce.