Recipe by The Flying Chef
This recipe is another very easy and super quick meal to make that tastes great and is budget friendly.It is on the table in about 30 Min's. I served these on bagels last night but serve with what ever bread you fancy I usually serve mine on Turkish bread but I couldn't get any yesterday. I list 250g of tzatziki as this is the weight of the store bought brand that I buy. Sometimes I do have leftovers, but it does keep in the fridge and you can use the leftovers to dip vegetables in for a nice healthy light lunch the next day. Note: Sumac: A purple-red astringent spice ground from berries growing in the Mediterranean; adds a tart, lemony flavour to food.
- 500 g ground lamb
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs, flakes (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons sumac
- 4 bread rolls (your preference.) or 4 bagels, large turkish loaf (your preference.)
- 250 g tzatziki
- 80 g watercress
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 slices beetroots, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lamb, onion, egg, breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon of sumac in a bowl; shape into 4 patties.
- Cook patties in an oiled fry pan or grill or BBQ until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Toast bread in toaster or under grill.
- Combine remaining sumac and tzatziki in a small bowl.
- Combine watercress with lemon juice in another bowl.
- Spread tzatziki over bottom layer of bread, arrange 4 beetroot slices, place lamb burger on beetroot and top burger with cress.