Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a recipe booklet entitled "Family Living - Our Favorite Coffee Shop Treats". This seems like a low-fat recipe, and I would use Splenda in place of the sugar in the coffee. NOTE: Recipe calls for 1 whole nutmeg, I'm estimating 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- 1⁄3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided (or use Splenda option)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole nutmeg, crushed (or 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg)
- 2 1⁄2 quarts hot strongly brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoons fat-free non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 2⁄3 cup Irish whiskey
- fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar and ground cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar (or Splenda), milk, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg in a dutch oven.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir in coffee and creamer.
- Cover and heat 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Remove from heat; strain and discard cinnamon sticks and nutmeg.
- Stir in Irish whiskey.
- Pour into 8-ounce Irish coffee glasses.
- Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Serve immediately.
I really enjoyed this flavorful coffee FloridaNative. It was delicious. The whisky gives it such a nice depth. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely treat, which I will make again. Made for Comfort Cafe Chalet 2010.