A simple everyday vegetable. Adjust the spices to your taste
Make and share this Spiced Indian Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil.
- Add the cumin and mustard seeds.
- Add the asafoetida powder.
- Add ginger, garlic, chillies and onions.
- Cook till the onions are a little soft.
- Add the cabbage.
- Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook till the consistency which you like your cabbage to be cooked. *I cook about 5 minutes because I like my cabbage crunchy.
- Add chopped cilantro.
- Serve with Indian bread.
- I have these variations which I use depending on what I am in the mood for
- 1. Add chopped tomato along with the onions.
- 2. Add boiled, diced potatoes.
- 3. Add grated fresh coconut or dry coconut with the cabbage.