Recipe by Sana
A simple everyday vegetable. Adjust the spices to your taste
Top Review by herroyalhighnessamy
This is probably the best thing I have ever made. I tasted a bit at the end just to see if it needed anything and ended up consuming most it while it was still cooking. I doubled up on all the spices. I used some of the leftover cabbage in an omelet and it was great.
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 -2 green chili
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 dash asafoetida powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil.
- Add the cumin and mustard seeds.
- Add the asafoetida powder.
- Add ginger, garlic, chillies and onions.
- Cook till the onions are a little soft.
- Add the cabbage.
- Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook till the consistency which you like your cabbage to be cooked. *I cook about 5 minutes because I like my cabbage crunchy.
- Add chopped cilantro.
- Serve with Indian bread.
- I have these variations which I use depending on what I am in the mood for
- 1. Add chopped tomato along with the onions.
- 2. Add boiled, diced potatoes.
- 3. Add grated fresh coconut or dry coconut with the cabbage.