1/4 Photos of Spiced Indian Cabbage
A simple everyday vegetable. Adjust the spices to your taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil.
- 2Add the cumin and mustard seeds.
- 3Add the asafoetida powder.
- 4Add ginger, garlic, chillies and onions.
- 5Cook till the onions are a little soft.
- 6Add the cabbage.
- 7Add salt and turmeric powder.
- 8Cook till the consistency which you like your cabbage to be cooked. *I cook about 5 minutes because I like my cabbage crunchy.
- 9Add chopped cilantro.
- 10Serve with Indian bread.
- 12I have these variations which I use depending on what I am in the mood for
- 131. Add chopped tomato along with the onions.
- 142. Add boiled, diced potatoes.
- 153. Add grated fresh coconut or dry coconut with the cabbage.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Indian Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.1
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: