Hanging out and baking on a rainy Friday in my friend's apartment, we got creative with a batch of brownies. After adding tons of chocolate chips and some M+M's, I decided they still weren't sweet enough and needed frosting, too. I had been eyeing the bottle of Captain Morgan's sitting out on the coffee table (yeah) and suddenly, I had a beautiful idea for frosting... (keep in mind i didn't measure anything when making this, so no need to be precise on amounts).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium-sized bowl, mash butter with a fork until it's soft.
- 2Add 1 cup powered sugar and mix with fork until there's no dry sugar left.
- 3Add the rum and beat with electric mixer on medium until mixture is somewhat smooth.
- 4Slowly add in the rest of the sugar, adding more or less depending on the consistancy you'd like.
- 5Beat with mixer until completely smooth.
- 6This makes enough frosting for a batch of brownies (um, or a snack -- ), but I'm positive it could be doubled or tripled easily; it's pretty hard to mess up frosting.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Icing
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 27.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 39.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g