Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from Whole Foods. It's refreshing in the summer, but great for the holidays, too, because of the spices. It's very quick and easy, but make it well ahead of the time you want to serve it so it can chill.
- 10 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cups apple juice
- 8 blueberry tea bags (either green or black teas work) or 8 blackberry tea bags (either green or black teas work)
- 1 navel orange, cut crosswise into rounds
- Wrap cloves and cinnamon sticks in a piece of cheesecloth and tie with kitchen twine.
- Bring apple juice and spices just to the boiling point. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Steep for 5 minutes then remove tea bags. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold.
- When ready to serve, remove spices. Pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish with orange slices.
I used regular tea bags. It was great, very different. But another time I would reduce the amount of cloves. I think it was too much for us. Thanks Appleydapply. Made for the Win of Appleydapply in the tag games of the favorite cookbooks in 2008.
I made this tonight for DH...I didn't have blueberry/blackberry teabags, so I used Moroccan Pomegranate Red Rooibos Tea, and it came out great. DH thought it was "different" but he really liked it. I had to cut the recipe in half, as I didn't have enough apple juice to make a full recipe. But it worked out fine. I also think this would be very good hot, like "mulled" tea. Thanks appleydapply :) Made for Potluck Tag, Dec 2008