Recipe by appleydapply
This recipe is from Whole Foods. It's refreshing in the summer, but great for the holidays, too, because of the spices. It's very quick and easy, but make it well ahead of the time you want to serve it so it can chill.
Top Review by Boomette
I used regular tea bags. It was great, very different. But another time I would reduce the amount of cloves. I think it was too much for us. Thanks Appleydapply. Made for the Win of Appleydapply in the tag games of the favorite cookbooks in 2008.
- 10 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cups apple juice
- 8 blueberry tea bags (either green or black teas work) or 8 blackberry tea bags (either green or black teas work)
- 1 navel orange, cut crosswise into rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap cloves and cinnamon sticks in a piece of cheesecloth and tie with kitchen twine.
- Bring apple juice and spices just to the boiling point. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Steep for 5 minutes then remove tea bags. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold.
- When ready to serve, remove spices. Pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish with orange slices.