Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This can be made ahead of time. It's quick, easy, and a wounderful southern drink from my Southen Living cookbook.
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cinnamon sticks, s 3 inch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, undiluted
- orange slice
- lemon slice
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in Dutch oven. Remove mixture form heat and add tea bags. Cover and steep 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove and discard teabags, cloves, and cinnamon sticks. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Stir in juices. Chill and serve over ice. Garnish if desired.
This was a little too sweet for us. The interesting combination of spices added to the tea reminded me of cider in the fall. We enjoyed this more when it was hot than when ice was added and it was chilled. If I make this again I would do it on a cool fall night and serve it hot.