Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on jewishrecipes.org under Kosher Recipes. This is a great summer iced tea.
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 inch piece cinnamon stick
- 3 tea bags
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine water, cloves, and cinnamon stick in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Place tea bags in spiced water, cover, and steep for ten minutes.
- In another saucepan, combine sugar, orange juice, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- Strain tea into orange juice mixture.
- Chill, serve over ice.
I love this recipe! I do decrease the recipe a bit as I am trying to do less sugar, but I really love the flavor of the cloves and cloves are healthy! A great tea for December in Louisiana where it is hot but you still want some holiday flavor!
Almost like the Wassail I serve at Christmas time. Very good :D Thank you for the recipe.