Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar (use store-bought or see recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Sift all ingredients together into a large bowl. Whisk the mixture together to be sure the spices are evenly distributed.
- To serve, stir 3 tablespoons of the mix into 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) of hot milk. Serve in large mugs. Store the remaining mix in a tightly-sealed jar.