Recipe by Sharon123
Great for a cold night to warm you from within! Fun to share with a friend.
Top Review by Outta Here
Delicious! The chili powder was very subtle. I subbed Splenda for the sugar, and used non-fat milk. A great way to warm up on a dreary day! Made for Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe game.
- 4 cups milk (soy, rice, almond, cow, etc.)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 4 teaspoons sugar (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cinnamon sticks (optional)
- whipped cream (to garnish) (optional)
- ground cinnamon (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place milk, cocoa, and sugar in saucepan. Heat to boiling, then turn off heat. Stir in nutmeg, chili powder and stir to mix. Pour into 4 mugs and place cinnamon sticks in mugs, if using. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!