Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great for a cold night to warm you from within! Fun to share with a friend.
- 4 cups milk (soy, rice, almond, cow, etc.)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 4 teaspoons sugar (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cinnamon sticks (optional)
- whipped cream (to garnish) (optional)
- ground cinnamon (to garnish) (optional)
- Place milk, cocoa, and sugar in saucepan. Heat to boiling, then turn off heat. Stir in nutmeg, chili powder and stir to mix. Pour into 4 mugs and place cinnamon sticks in mugs, if using. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!
Delicious! The chili powder was very subtle. I subbed Splenda for the sugar, and used non-fat milk. A great way to warm up on a dreary day! Made for Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe game.
Just loved the chilli powder in this!! I also used Splenda, and cut back a touch on the nutmeg,as suggested by another reviewer.
Made for PRMR.
A great cup of hot chocolate for a cold day. I couldn't wait for it to cool down so my whipped cream melted into my drink, which is fine by me! My fresh nutmeg was a bit overpowering so I would probably cut down on that a bit next time. I really liked the chili powder in this! Made for PRMR tag game. Thanks Sharon! :)