1/3 Photos of Spiced Hot Chocolate
Adapted from a recipe in Better Homes & Gardens Meals for 1 or 2. Sorry, made this last night and it tasted like something was missing and I realized it was the cinnamon. It was in the directions, but I accidentally left it out of the ingredients list. It's been updated now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar (or more, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed or 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest, grated (or a couple drops of orange oil)
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- nutmeg (to garnish)
- 1In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, orange zest, and salt.
- 2Blend in water and heat to boiling.
- 3Boil gently for 1 minute.
- 4Mix in milk and vanilla and heat almost to boiling, but do NOT allow to boil.
- 5Remove whole spices, then beat with a mixer until frothy.
- 6Pour into mugs, garnish if desired, and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.5
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 189.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: