Recipe by Suzanne S.
These nuts are addictive! Sweet and spicy is a wonderful combination, and just warm out of the oven, they cannot be beat! From Kitchen Life Real Food for Real Families-Even Yours! by Art Smith
- 946.36 ml assorted unsalted roasted mixed nuts
- 78.07 ml honey
- 78.07 ml light corn syrup
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml salt
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 7.39 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml ground cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350.
- Spread the nuts on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake just until the nuts are warm to the touch, about 3 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven. Drizzle nuts with honey and corn syrup, and mix well. Continue baking, stirring often with oiled spatula (I used Pam) until the liquid has evaporated into a glaze, about 10-12 minutes.
- Mix the sugar, salt, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add the nuts and mix well to coat them with the spiced sugar. Transfer to a clean baking sheet to cool, breaking up the nuts that may have stuck together. They will crisp as they cool.
- Store in airtight container at room temp for up to one week.