Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is easy to make and looks like gourmet cooking. Can easily be halved for less people.
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind (one large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (one large lemon)
- 3 -4 lbs chicken parts
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup raisins
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- combine honey garlic, butter, lemon rind, lemon juice in a bowl.
- place chicken skin side up in a large casserole dish.
- drizzle half of the honey mixture over the meat, making sure each piece has some.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cloves.
- sprinkle the spices evenly over the chicken.
- sprinkle chicken with almonds and raisins.
- place the cinnamon sticks evenly around the casserold dish.
- evenly pour the rest of the honey mixture over the chicken.
- bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, basting about every half hour.
- for the last 20 - 30 minutes of cooking time - flip the chicken pieces.
- remove from oven and return to skin side up - baste one more time before serving.
I made 1/3 of the recipe as written. It was delicious and I truly enjoyed it. Some of the younger family members (and my husband) still enjoyed it but were less enthusiastic about this meal,however, I would still definitely make this again!
We served with steamed green beans and ciabatta bread, but I can also imagine serving with warm home-style applesauce.
In making this recipe I cut it in half & used 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (Although another time I'd like to try chicken thighs!) ~ Really enjoyed the raisins & nuts in this one, & I did substitute lemon pepper for the usual S&P! AND eveb though the chicken was sweet, we really liked it & I'll be making this one again! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Raisins theme in My-3-Chefs]