Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a super-easy mix of dried, canned, and fresh fruit that tastes like you spent hours! It is high in fiber and no-fat, too. I've served it hot with glazed ham, or as dessert topped with creme fraiche, or cold with zucchini bread and cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, or mixed with fresh arugula for a winter fruit salad. Very versatile! Try to include the candied ginger--it is available duing the holiday season, but may be hard to find otherwise.
- 2 (453.59 g) package mixed dried fruit
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 425.24 g can fruit cocktail, undrained (no sugar added)
- 19.71 ml crystallized ginger, chopped
- 7.39 ml cardamom, ground
- 7.39 ml ground allspice
- 236.59 ml apple cider (or juice)
- 118.29 ml brandy
- 2 apples, chopped (do not peel)
- 236.59 ml cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Stir in apples and cranberries.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold.