1 hr 10 mins
This is a super-easy mix of dried, canned, and fresh fruit that tastes like you spent hours! It is high in fiber and no-fat, too. I've served it hot with glazed ham, or as dessert topped with creme fraiche, or cold with zucchini bread and cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, or mixed with fresh arugula for a winter fruit salad. Very versatile! Try to include the candied ginger--it is available duing the holiday season, but may be hard to find otherwise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 (15 ounce) can fruit cocktail, undrained (no sugar added)
- 4 teaspoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cardamom, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 cup apple cider (or juice)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 apples, chopped (do not peel)
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1Combine first 8 ingredients in a large baking dish.
- 2Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- 3Stir in apples and cranberries.
- 4Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 5Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Holiday Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: