Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a super-easy mix of dried, canned, and fresh fruit that tastes like you spent hours! It is high in fiber and no-fat, too. I've served it hot with glazed ham, or as dessert topped with creme fraiche, or cold with zucchini bread and cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, or mixed with fresh arugula for a winter fruit salad. Very versatile! Try to include the candied ginger--it is available duing the holiday season, but may be hard to find otherwise.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 (15 ounce) can fruit cocktail, undrained (no sugar added)
- 4 teaspoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cardamom, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 cup apple cider (or juice)
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 2 apples, chopped (do not peel)
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Stir in apples and cranberries.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold.