Spiced Green Beans With Tomato & Onions
- In a large skillet (approximately 12 inch) with lid, ,heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft and lightly golden, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans, salt and black pepper, and stir well.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the onions are caramelized and the beans start to soften and brown lightly, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, sugar, allspice and cinnamon.
- Stir well, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender throughout, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.