Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
- 1 lb seedless grapes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 5 whole cloves
- 12 black peppercorns
- Combine all ingredients except grapes in a small saucepan and boil for two to three minutes.
- Pierce each grape two to three times with a sharp skewer or toothpick.
- Place grapes in a small bowl and cover with the syrup mixture.
- Refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours.
- Serve with cheese or nuts.
These sounded really interesting. I've had this recipe printed out and ready to try for awhile so today when I made tapas I made these as well. I substituted all spice for the anise because my mom loathes anything with anise in it. She LOVED the grapes and so did everybody else. Thanks for such a cool & tasty recipe!!! Ciao, Bella P.S. I marinated the grapes for only 2 hours and they still turned out fine!
Very easy, and very delicious. My whole family loved it, as did my son's friends. We will definately make this again.
This was easy to prepare, and was lovely with a cheese plate. We enjoyed this recipe immensely, and plan to make it again.