Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite breakfast lately. It leaves me feeling energized. It's particularly good for cold/flu season.
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or to taste) or 1 tablespoon honey (or to taste)
- 1 dash pumpkin pie spice or 1 dash cinnamon
- Cut your grapefruit in half and place each half in a small bowl.
- Drizzle agave nectar or honey over each half.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon to taste. Eat with a spoon.
WOW did that cinnamon wake up the flavors in the grapefruit. Absolutely loved it. I had a grapefruit from last week's coop box that needed to be used up prior to receiving this week's delivery so this was perfect. Thanks so much and I doubt I will ever eat grapefruit without spices again!
I had this for my breakfast today and it was so darn good! I normally just sprinkle Stevia over grapefruit and call it a day. This was a terrific variation; simple and using ingredients I always have on hand. Thank you!
Prose, Yes this does leave me feeling energized and comforted by the warming honey and spices. I used Chinese Five Spice and Cinnamon-Cardamom Honey Cinnamon-Cardamom Honey. Thanks!