Recipe by Patty Mae
This jam is delicious on a toasted bagel with cream cheese. Chunk cinnamon can be purchased from Penzey's Spices (www.penzeys.com) or you can substitute 1 4-inch stick of cinnamon, broken into small pieces.
- 2 quarts concord grapes
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons chunk cinnamon
- 5 whole allspice
- 2⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 medium tart apples, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare jelly jars and seals by sterilizing them in boiling water.
- Remove grapes from stems; rinse and drain.
- Place grapes in a large heavy-bottomed pan and mash to break skins.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a full rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let boil gently for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain through a food mill or sieve.
- Put strained mixture back into the pan and bring back up to a simmer.
- Pack into sterilized jelly jars.
- Seal jars as directed by the manufacturer.