Recipe by Nasseh
I found this recipe on the back of a SunMaid box. The times listed does not include 2 hours chilling time.
Top Review by Debbwl
Delicious! The photos do not do this dish justice as it comes out very pretty. Made as written using the two hour chill time and served with yogurt which made a great combo. But the little bit of sauce that was still warm and stuck to the bowl after dressing the oranges was the best. Think next time may try severing warm. We enjoyed the leftovers with toast for breakfast this morning. Thanks so much for the yummy post.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, minced
- 2⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 3 large oranges
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar & water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the allspice, ginger, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, & raisins. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the syrup has thickened.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks then transfer syrup to a bowl, refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Cut the peel & pith from the oranges. Slice into 1/2 inch rounds then cut into quarters. Place into a medium glass bowl. (Make sure to remove any seeds).
- Pour the cooled syrup & raisins over the oranges & gently stir to coat. Chill for 2 hours before serving.